FL500-Hydrogen Flame Detector Released
Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
MSA's new FL500-H2 Optical Flame Detector shares many of the same features as the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector but is specifically designed for sites where large volumes of hydrogen are managed.
MSA is pleased to announce the release of the General Monitors FL500-Hydrogen UV/IR Flame Detector. The FL500-H2 Detector has a wavelength of 2.7 - 3.2 microns suitable for responding to hydrogen flames and issuing alarm outputs directly without compromising false alarm immunity.
The FL500-H2 Optical Flame Detector addresses a wide range of applications for the production, transport, and processing of hydrogen. Sites where large volumes of hydrogen are managed include:
• Chemical Plants (Ammonia, Ethylene)
• Hydrogen Gas Generators
• Hydrogen Fuel Cell Production
• Hydrogen Fueling Stations
• Hydrogen Test Facilities
• Rocket Launch Sites
• Merchant Hydrogen Manufacturing Plants
The FL500-H2 shares many of the same features as the standard FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector:
• Three LED indicators for alarm, fault, and normal operating conditions
• Field of view up to 130°
• Response times < 3 seconds
• Rugged stainless-steel housing – standard
• 4-20 mA sink or source communication
• Global approvals - CSA, ATEX, IECEx, CE Marking
Visit the FL500-H2 product page for more details and view the updated Field of View Simulator.