Removal of Bluetooth Functionality in ALTAIR® 4XR, 5X, 5X IR, and 5X PID Multigas Detectors Effective July 2022
Portable Gas Detection
We have received news from our supplier that the electronic components required for Bluetooth functionality in the ALTAIR 4XR, 5X, 5X IR, and 5X PID Multigas Detectors have become unavailable.
As you are probably already aware, the global market for electronic components is going through an unprecedented and tumultuous period. Virtually all industries have been impacted to some degree, and MSA has not been immune. Most recently, we received news from our supplier that the electronic components required for Bluetooth functionality in the ALTAIR 4XR, 5X, 5X IR, and 5X PID Multigas Detectors have become unavailable.
Based on this, MSA has made the immediate decision to notify our customers of the following:
- ALTAIR 4XR, 5X, 5X IR, and 5X PID Multigas Detectors devices will ship WITHOUT Bluetooth once components are exhausted, anticipated end of July 2022.
- Customers who placed an order and have not yet received their device cannot be guaranteed Bluetooth functionality.
- The non-Bluetooth versions of the devices will be the standard option moving forward for ALTAIR 4XR and 5X.
Impact on customers:
- No action is needed from the customer.
- Any customers with existing orders that cannot be filled with Bluetooth units will be contacted and advised appropriately.
- For orders that have been placed, the sales order number will stay the same.
Impact on the product:
- Part numbers and ATO ordering options will not change.
- Removing Bluetooth means customers will no longer be able to pair to the ALTAIR Connect App. Devices can be configured using MSA Link with the IrDA Infrared USB Dongle Adapter for ALTAIR Portable Gas detectors or through the GALAXY® GX2 Automated Test System.
- If a device does not contain Bluetooth, the front label and product packaging will not display the Bluetooth logo.
For further information, please click here.