Now Available! MSA’s New Chillgard® VRF Refrigerant Detector
Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
MSA's new Chillgard VRF Refrigerant Detector complements VRF systems by providing reliable refrigerant leak detection with 25 ppm minimum detection using Photoacoustic Infrared (PAIR) sensing technology. Packaged for discrete monitoring with flexible installation options, this detector has no moving parts and only an annual calibration check is needed.
What is a VRF system? Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) systems use pure HFC refrigerant as the cooling and heating medium, versus traditional 4-pipe air conditioning method using hot and cold water. Engineers and contractors prefer to design and install these types of systems due to their many benefits including energy savings up to 40% and personalized comfort.
Features and Benefits:
- Small, discrete packaging for ceiling or wall mount installations
- Reliable and long-lasting Photoacoustic Infrared technology
- Flexibility in communications with BACnet or Modbus digital communication and 4-20mA
- On board relay allows for stand-alone installation
- Low cost of ownership with only a calibration check recommended annually
- Ease of use with simplistic design and no moving parts
Building systems using long refrigerant piping and many connections running throughout create the potential for refrigerant leaks, likely causing potential safety issues. If a refrigeration system component or refrigerant line ruptures, the refrigerant is likely to leak rapidly into the occupied space.
All VRF manufacturers work with engineers and contractors to help ensure the safety of all occupants and occupied areas by using best practices for design and installation based on state, local, and national building codes and ASHRAE standards to minimize the potential for refrigerant leaks.
For more information on the new Chillgard VRF Refrigerant Monitor or any other gas detection solutions, visit www.MSAgasdetection.com.