Ultima X Gas Monitoring System for Wet Well Applications
Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
A new datasheet is available for the MSA Ultima X wet well gas monitor.
Designed as a safety monitor for those accessing a pump station for maintenance, the Ultima X Wet Well Monitor detects gases at various sample heights in large or small areas. As compared to MSA's other custom wet well monitoring systems, this unit has expanded capabilities, including:
- Has multiple sensing points
- Uses a flow meter for better flow control
- Has individual XE sensors for discrete outputs
- Uses unshared individual relay contacts, resulting in more flexibility in option selection
Common applications utilize an LEL sensor to monitor methane and possibly a carbon dioxide sensor for landfill applications where decomposition is present. Sampling locations for these may be higher up, as these gases tend to rise.
Other commonly monitored gases include oxygen and hydrogen sulfide which can be monitored at a lower height, typically above the high water marks.
The Ultima X Wet Well Monitor is ideal for use in chemical plants, cylinder storage areas, landfills and wastewater treatment facilities.
- System is capable of monitoring two different locations with one panel
- Single- or multi-point gas monitoring using any combination of MSA sensors
- Adjustable flow control
- Explosion-proof components and seal offs available
- Capable of low-flow relay contact; if the flow rate drops too low, an alarm may sound (not pictured)
click here to view bulletin