FL500-Hydrogen Flame Detector Released
Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
MSA's new FL500-H2 Optical Flame Detector shares many of the same features as the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector, but is specifically designed for sites where large volumes of hydrogen are managed. Read more for details!
MSA is pleased to announce the release of the General Monitors FL500-Hydrogen UV/IR Flame Detector. The FL500-H2 Detector has a wavelength of 2.7 - 3.2 microns suitable for responding to hydrogen flames and issuing alarm outputs directly without compromising false alarm immunity.
The FL500-H2 Optical Flame Detector addresses a wide range of applications for the production, transport, and processing of hydrogen. Sites where large volumes of hydrogen are managed include:
- Chemical Plants (Ammonia, Ethylene)
- Hydrogen Gas Generators
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Production
- Hydrogen Fueling Stations
- Hydrogen Test Facilities
- Rocket Launch Sites
- Merchant Hydrogen Manufacturing Plants
The FL500-H2 shares many of the same features as the standard FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector:
- Three LED indicators for alarm, fault, and normal operating conditions
- Field of view up to 130°
- Response times < 3 seconds
- Rugged stainless-steel housing -- standard
- 4-20 mA sink or source communication
- Global approvals - CSA, ATEX, IECEx, CE Marking
Visit the FL500-H2 product page for more details and view the updated Field of View Simulator.