Ultima® X Gas Monitor with HF Calibration Update
Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
Instruction Manual Addendum (P/N 10100752) for the Ultima® X Gas Monitor with HF Calibration
Based on in-depth testing with the Ultima X Gas Monitor, MSA has changed the calibration recommendation for HF Sensors:
- All HF sensors leaving the MSA factory are now calibrated using SO2 with a span setting of 8.0 ppm.
- The flow rate used for calibration is 0.25 lpm and the SO2 cylinder is P/N 10028070.
- For older sensors already installed in the field, it is recommended that the span setting be changed to 8.0 ppm and an iCal performed with SO2.
- This update can be accomplished by using the Ultima Controller.
- Although the old HCL calibration is acceptable, the new recommendation provides greater stability over temperature and humidity ranges.